The Denver Public Schools Foundation raises and manages funds to support the district's relentless pursuit of student achievement. We fund programs in the following areas:
- We support a diverse slate of after-school and summer programs that extend the school day for 15,000 students in DPS every year.
- School budgets are tight. The A to Z Fund provides grants for classroom resources, field trips, technology, musical instruments and more.
- We support a holistic approach to student health and wellness, because healthy children learn better.
- We support principal leadership training, including
ongoing seminars and mentoring programs for new principals.
- Children must learn to read – for the rest of their lives, they will read to learn. We fund innovative literacy strategies for students of all ages to ensure every child is reading at grade level and prepared to be lifelong learners.
- Science should not merely be read in a book – it must be touched and experienced in order to be learned.
The DPS Foundation is helping prepare our students for the 21st century marketplace by putting hands-on, cutting-edge STEM curriculum and materials in classrooms all over Denver.
- We support the School Partners Program,
which harnesses the energy of the community to support Denver Public Schools.