Achieve Gala 2020 Transformed
Volunteer to physically rebuild our community together, while following safety and social distancing guidelines.
After DPS Foundation’s Achieve Gala 2020 was canceled due to COVID-19, we decided to evolve and create a unique chance to gather together in support of our students. This year we will take this event to the community!
We invite you to join us on the morning of August 7 for an outdoor community rebuilding event. Volunteers will support projects that elevate the school’s grounds so that students are proud of their building and know they have community support behind them. There will be a variety of outdoor projects.
All clean-ups will take place on August 7. Please arrive at your site by 8 a.m. Work should finish up by 11 a.m. Please see the available sites below.
Stedman Elementary School
Support outdoor clean-up projects at Stedman! If you previously registered to support CASA we have an exciting new location that allows for more volunteers! We will be in contact with you regarding this update.
Manual High School
Support outdoor clean-up projects at Manual!
Achieve Gala 2020 Keynote Speaker Joyclyn will be presenting her would-be gala speech with updates on her life during the pandemic at this site!
Health & Safety Notice
Please note due to COVID-19 concerns, DPS Foundation is taking additional precautions around health and safety concerns per CDC guidelines and we ask that all volunteers abide by our COVID-19 safety procedures, which we worked on in conjunction with Denver Health and the City & County of Denver*.
- Volunteers must wear a mask at all times during the volunteer period. If you do not have a mask, DPS Foundation will be happy to provide one for you on site. If you are taking a snack or water break, please step away from all other volunteers and maintain a safe distance.
- Volunteers must maintain 6-feet of distance from other volunteers and staff.
- Please do not shake hands, high-five, or make physical contact with any volunteers or staff.
- Volunteers will have temperatures taken upon arrival at the site.
- If you are feeling under the weather in any way (Allergy attack? Cough? Runny nose? Just not 100%?), please do not attend the event as we want to keep everyone safe, happy and healthy.
- Volunteers must complete a liability waiver. The waiver will be sent via email once a volunteer has registered.
Please note: Safety is our top priority. Guidelines are subject to change prior to August 7. All attendees will be sent an email prior to the service day with clear social distancing guidelines.