Achieve Gala 2020 Transformed
Volunteer to physically rebuild our community together, while following safety and social distancing guidelines.
After DPS Foundation’s Achieve Gala 2020 was postponed due to COVID-19, we decided to evolve and create a unique chance to gather together in support of our students. This year we took this event to the community!
Volunteers joined us on the morning of August 7 for an outdoor community rebuilding event. They supported projects that elevated the school’s grounds so that students are proud of their building and know they have community support behind them. Projects varied from weeding and mulching to garden clean-ups and painting.
Thank you to Johnson Elementary School, Manual High School, Marie L. Greenwood Academy, McAuliffe Manual Middle School, and Stedman Elementary School for welcoming us to their schools’ and allowing us to support their community! See below for a snapshot of the day.
Thank you, Achieve Gala 2020 Sponsors
Health & Safety Notice
Please note due to COVID-19 concerns, DPS Foundation is taking additional precautions around health and safety concerns per CDC guidelines and we ask that all volunteers abide by our COVID-19 safety procedures, which we worked on in conjunction with Denver Health and the City & County of Denver*.
- Volunteers must wear a mask at all times during the volunteer period. If you do not have a mask, DPS Foundation will be happy to provide one for you on site. If you are taking a snack or water break, please step away from all other volunteers and maintain a safe distance.
- Volunteers must maintain 6-feet of distance from other volunteers and staff.
- Please do not shake hands, high-five, or make physical contact with any volunteers or staff.
- Volunteers will have temperatures taken upon arrival at the site.
- If you are feeling under the weather in any way (Allergy attack? Cough? Runny nose? Just not 100%?), please do not attend the event as we want to keep everyone safe, happy and healthy.
- Volunteers must complete a liability waiver. The waiver will be sent via email once a volunteer has registered.
Please note: Safety is our top priority. Guidelines are subject to change prior to August 7. All attendees will be sent an email prior to the service day with clear social distancing guidelines.