This is the Future of our City: Where Education and Workforce Meet
Strengthening the Pipeline to Success through Career and Technical Education
Denver Public Schools has set out on an ambitious path to dramatically improve how we’re preparing students for college and career. By implementing a pipeline of Career and Technical Education (CTE) pathways, DPS is preparing our future leaders for the very jobs that are in highest demand in Denver – ensuring that we are strengthening our city and our students’ futures.
CTE Pathways are currently available in eight DPS high schools. Pathways courses all involve work-based learning such as job shadowing, internships and site visits. These experiences continually expose students to applications for their learning and skills in industry and higher education. To learn more about CTE Pathways, click here.
Denver is leading the nation in this work, and creating a pipeline of talent specifically and strategically built to serve our city – and our nation – now and in the future.
Get Engaged. Denver’s Future is in Your Hands!
There are many ways to participate in this exciting expansion of Career and Technical Education in DPS.
Corporate Partnership Opportunities
- Student Job Shadows: Host groups of 14 to 40 students at a time for a half day to showcase careers at your company and give students a window to the world of work.
- Student Mentoring (starting next year): Help students interested in your industry find their personalized pathway to the future through a structured mentoring program.
- Student Internships (starting next year): Provide the pinnacle of a student’s rigorous pathway experience: an 80- to 160-hour, project-based internship.
- Teacher Externships: Help keep CTE pathways cutting-edge by providing a 4- to 6-week, project-based summer work experience for teachers who specialize in your industry.
- Financial Support of a CTE Program: Help DPS grow CTE pathways by adopting a pathway or investing in key components of the CTE programming.
- Custom Partnership with a DPS School: Become a School Partner and provide a combination of volunteer time, in-kind contributions, and/or financial resources to meet the specific needs of a DPS school.
Higher Education Partnership Opportunities
- Summer Experiences: Help students experience higher education early on in high school through industry-focused summer experiences.
- Co-Teachers: Enhance the rigor and relevance of CTE pathways by providing a faculty member or graduate student to serve as a teaching resource for a CTE pathways course.
Individual Partnership Opportunities
- Pathway Summit Participant: Participate in semi-annual summits of DPS students, teachers, staff, and students alongside thought leaders from higher education and industry to discuss the future of the CTE pathways in your industry.
- Guest Speaker: Help reinforce critical academic concepts by bringing the subject to life through a discussion of real-world applications in a class or a student organization.
- Career Fair Attendee: Spend a half day talking to students about careers in your field and the various paths to get there.
For more information about CTE:
Senior Director of Major Gifts
(720) 423-3897 – Direct
(303) 548-2762 – Cell
For information on corporate volunteerism: