Why run for DPS Foundation
Colfax Marathon’s 15th Anniversary | October 16-17, 2021
Colfax Marathon is Denver’s largest running weekend! You have days of fun with the expo and myraid of races. Distances are approachable for all levels of runners and walkers. Colfax course distances include the Marathon, Marathon Relay, Half Marathon, Urban 10 Miler, and a 5K.
One of the unique items about Colfax is the race’s focus on nonprofit partnerships. That’s where Denver Public Schools Foundation comes in! As a Colfax participant, you can choose to run for a designated nonprofit. Each nonprofit runs their program in a unique way. DPS Foundation focuses on an encouraging, supportive environment. Running for DPS Foundation, you can help fundraise to support DPS students across the entire district. That includes more than 90,000 students across more than 200 schools. Not a fundraiser? Some runners are more comfortable making a personal donation to DPS Foundation. Others become ambassadors for DPS Foundation and help raise awareness about the important work DPS Foundation does and the impact it makes for DPS students. Signing up to run with Denver Public Schools Foundation does not require you to do anything extra. We appreciate any and all support you may be able to give and we look forward to encouraging you on your Colfax journey!
Perks of running with Team DPS
Why select Denver Public Schools Foundation as your nonprofit partner? Because public education matters! We know that when our students thrive, our city thrives. Not convinced yet to select Denver Public Schools Foundation as your nonprofit partner? Here are some benefits:
- Facebook support group – join today!
- Team DPS buff
- Pride for using your Colfax participation to help more than 90,000 DPS students
DONATE TO THE SCHOOL OF YOUR CHOICE
Also, the individual runner or relay team that raises the most money will have the opportunity to win a gift for the school of their choice:
- 1st Place – $1,000 to a DPS school*
- 2nd Place – $750 to a DPS school*
- 3rd Place – $500 to a DPS school*
*A team/runner cannot win in more than one category
How do I register to run for DPS students?
- Visit the registration page for the race you want to enter
- Look under “Additional Questions”
- Select “Yes” for the question “Are you considering raising funds or awareness for a charity?”
- A dropdown menu will appear for you to select Denver Public Schools Foundation as your nonprofit partner!
Support DPS students
You can support DPS students by fundraising, donating and/or advocating for DPS Foundation. Download DPS Foundation’s Colfax packet.
Donate to DPS Foundation to support DPS students and help ensure every child has the opportunities and resources needed to achieve success!
Let your friends, family and colleagues know why supporting DPS students is important! Get other fired up about public education.
Colfax fun facts
- It is Denver’s only marathon.
- The half marathon course takes you through the Denver Zoo.
- The half marathon course takes you through a fire station AND has firefighters cheering you on.
- The Urban 10 miler course takes you through Broncos stadium.
- The marathon relay is one of the largest marathon relays in the U.S.!
Colfax Marathon is celebrating its 15th Anniversary in 2021! What does this mean for you? You have an entire week of festivities instead of just a long weekend!
- Monday, October 11 – Colorado Running Hall of Fame
- Tuesday, October 12 – Colfax Night Out
- Wednesday, October 13 – Shake Out Runs across Denver Metro
- Thursday, October 14 – Health & Fitness Expo Day 1
- Friday, October 15 – Health & Fitness Expo Day 2
- Saturday, October 16 – Marathon, marathon relay, half marathon, Urban 10 miler, & and afterparty
- Sunday, October 17 – Colfax 5K and a concert in the park