Why run for DPS Foundation
Colfax Marathon | May 14-15, 2022
Colfax Marathon is Denver’s largest running weekend! You have days of fun with the expo and myraid of races. Distances are approachable for all levels of runners and walkers. Colfax course distances include the Marathon, Marathon Relay, Half Marathon, Urban 10 Miler, and a 5K.
One of the unique items about Colfax is the race’s focus on nonprofit partnerships. That’s where Denver Public Schools Foundation comes in! As a Colfax participant, you can choose to run for a designated nonprofit. Each nonprofit runs their program in a unique way. DPS Foundation focuses on an encouraging, supportive environment. Running for DPS Foundation, you can help fundraise to support DPS students across the entire district. That includes more than 90,000 students across more than 200 schools. Not a fundraiser? Some runners are more comfortable making a personal donation to DPS Foundation. Others become ambassadors for DPS Foundation and help raise awareness about the important work DPS Foundation does and the impact it makes for DPS students. Signing up to run with Denver Public Schools Foundation does not require you to do anything extra. We appreciate any and all support you may be able to give and we look forward to encouraging you on your Colfax journey!
How do I register to run for DPS students?
- Visit the registration page for the race you want to enter
- Look under “Additional Questions”
- Select “Yes” for the question “Are you considering raising funds or awareness for a charity?”
- A dropdown menu will appear for you to select Denver Public Schools Foundation as your nonprofit partner!
Colfax fun facts
- It is Denver’s only marathon.
- The half marathon course takes you through the Denver Zoo.
- The half marathon course takes you through a fire station AND has firefighters cheering you on.
- The Urban 10 miler course takes you through Broncos stadium.
- The marathon relay is one of the largest marathon relays in the U.S.!
Questions? Contact Katie Wienecke firstname.lastname@example.org