Impact the lives of Denver Public Schools students with the life you’ve built! Join our Legacy Society.
The DPS Foundation’s Legacy Society has been created to honor the generous donors who include the DPS Foundation in their estate plans by providing a future gift. The donation could come from a bequest provision, a gift of retirement assets, a gift of a life insurance policy, a life-income gift, or other deferred giving arrangement.
By joining the Legacy Society, you will help ensure the future of generations of students in DPS. If you feel strongly about the work of the DPS Foundation, and would like to make sure that your contributions to excellence in education in Denver live beyond you, please consider including the DPS Foundation in your estate planning.
By providing for the DPS Foundation in the future, you will align your estate with your values, and will take the guesswork out of the equation for your survivors. Your donation will be managed wisely and will make a significant difference in the lives of Denver students and the well-being of Denver as a community.
How it Works
Bequests are a popular and easy way to leave a legacy for the thousands of students in Denver Public Schools. There are many ways to leave a bequest to the DPS Foundation:
- Specific bequest (a specific dollar amount)
- Percentage bequest (all or a percentage of an estate)
- Residuary bequest all or a percentage of a residuary estate – what remains in an estate after expenses, debts, and specific or percentage bequest have been paid)
If you have already included the DPS Foundation in a bequest or other planned gift, we hope that you will let us know so we can thank you and formally induct you into the DPS Foundation Legacy Society. Your willingness to be listed as a member of the Legacy Society will encourage others to follow your example. Or, if you wish to remain anonymous, we encourage you to still let us know on a confidential basis.
Information regarding the amount, nature and/or designation of your gift is welcome, but not required for membership in the DPS Foundation Legacy Society.
Official Bequest Language:
The official legal bequest language for the Denver Public Schools Foundation is: “I [First Name, Last Name], of [city, state, ZIP], give, devise and bequeath to the Denver Public Schools Foundation, Tax ID 84-1224325, [written amount or percentage of the estate or description of property] for (list specific purpose) .
You are welcome to call the DPS Foundation to consult on specific language. Always seek the professional guidance of an estate planning attorney as you make decisions about a planned gift.
What Does My Gift Support?
In your estate plan, you may designate your donation to:
- The Area of Greatest Need. Unrestricted bequests allow the Denver Public Schools Foundation to use the funds where they are most needed. The DPS Foundation funds innovative and core programs in the areas of literacy, STEM education, afterschool programs and athletics.
- Jerry’s Fund, an endowment created in honor of former DPS Superintendent Jerry Wartgow, that supports the A to Z Fund for Teachers and Classrooms.
- The DPS Foundation’s endowment that supports general operations.
For more information about the DPS Foundation Legacy Society, please contact us at (720) 423-3553.