The A to Z Fund provides grants to individual schools for programs and activities that go beyond schools’ limited budgets. Through this program, the DPS Foundation provides grants to schools for educational materials, athletic equipment, enrichment classes, competition fees, field trip expenses and more. These grants are available to any DPS school to enhance classroom learning. The A to Z Fund provides equal opportunity to students district-wide to participate in enrichment opportunities.
Oftentimes, educators report spending their own money – sometimes as much as several hundred dollars in a year– to purchase educational materials or subsidize field trips because they want their students to excel. While this is generous and demonstrates the commitment of our educators, it isn’t a sustainable solution to help all students have access to these opportunities. The A to Z Fund promotes equity by offering funding to all schools, and helps lessen the burden on our educators. With your help – especially in light of tight classroom budgets – the A to Z Fund can put resources directly into the hands of teachers, allowing them to create exceptional learning environments for every student.
- There is an ongoing – and growing – need for schools to find private sources of funding to build the quality of their students’ school experience.
- Despite receiving hundreds of highly qualified applications, the DPS Foundation only has funding to fulfill approximately two-thirds of all grant requests. We need your help to expand the A to Z Fund and further empower our teachers working to give their students the opportunities, resources and experiences they need and deserve throughout their education.
YOU can make more classroom grants possible! Support A to Z Fund by making a secure online donation.
For a limited time Amp the Cause’s 2017 A Million for What Matters Raffle proceeds will benefit A to Z Fund. Deadline to enter is Nov. 9! Learn more and buy your raffle tickets.
Please help spread the word about the A to Z Fund. Download our one-pager to share with your networks.
Watch a video clip of an A to Z Fund recipient who used the grant funds to provide hands-on, investigative science activities for her students.
Below are a few highlights of those projects that are under way in DPS:
- DCIS at Ford ES received $500 to purchase equipment such as tricycles, traffic signs and helmets to enhance gross motor development for ECE students
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. HS received $2,000 to purchase additional DSLR cameras to supplement the digital photography class
- Maxwell ES received $1,600 for students to participate in weekly Young Rembrandts drawing class
- North High School Engagement Center received $2,000 to purchase science equipment so students can perform science experiments