Educators Take FlightEducators Take Flight helps Team DPS educators access high quality professional development and learning opportunities outside of Colorado.
Denver Public Schools Foundation invests in learners of all ages.
About Our Program
DPS Foundation’s Educators Take Flight program seeks to remove flight cost as a barrier to accessing top quality professional development opportunities for Team DPS members. Whether an educator seeks to attend an out of state conference or bring an expert in their field to Denver for group learning experiences, DPS Foundation can help.
Thanks to the generous support from DPS Foundation’s official airline, United Airlines, Educators Take Flight provides the opportunity for Denver Public Schools educators to travel by air to enhance their perspectives and learn from experts in their field so they can improve outcomes for students.
- Applicant must be a current DPS educator*
- Professional Development Opportunity identified aligns with DPS educational priorities with preference given to applicants whose professional learning is focused on DPS priority initatives
- Travel is within the continental United States
- Travel dates are prior to 12/31/23
- Applicant is willing to participate in a brief follow up interview to share learning and impact
*At both booking and travel
Important Details and Considerations
- The use of United Airlines vouchers are subject to fare class and flight availability.
- A standard voucher is economy class. Awarded vouchers will typically be K class or H class. DPS Foundation will consider alternative fare class requests on a limited basis.
- DPS Foundation may be unable to fulfill every request.
- Once travel is booked, tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- All applications must be reviewed, approved and signed by the school principal or department head.
- Educators Take Flight vouchers are for the cost of airfare only.
- Applicant’s school principal or department head can confirm allocation of resources for accommodations and any program/conference costs.
- All other expenses, including but not limited to seating upgrades, baggage fees or other misc. travel expenses are the responsibility of the traveler.
The use of vouchers outside the express purpose defined within each application is prohibited. Once awarded, applicant, school or department head and travelers must agree to the terms and conditions of Educators Take Flight, or relinquish their travel voucher.
The inaugural application cycle opens Monday, March 6 at 9:00 am and the first review will be Monday, March 13th at 5:00pm.
To ensure your time is well spent, please review the above eligibility and important details and considerations before submitting an application.
- Select “Submit an Application”.
- All applicants must create an account.
- Select the button in the top right hand corner to create a new account, or to log on if you are a returning Educators Take Flight or A to Z Fund applicant.
Applications are accepted year round and are reviewed bimonthly, on the first Monday of every other month. For 2023, application review will begin March 13, May 1, July 3, September 11, November 6.
Preference will be given to planned travel occurring between June 5, 2023 – Dec. 31, 2023.
Questions? Please contact ETF@dpsfoundation.org.