The Denver Public Schools (DPS) Foundation is pleased to announce the election of five new leading community leaders to the Board of Directors: Christine Benero, President & Chief Executive Officer, Mile High United Way; Christine DeRose, Senior Vice President – Financial Advisor, Senior Consulting Group, RBC Wealth Management; Mike Ferrufino, Vice President and General Manager, Latino Communications; Taggart Hansen, Chief Counsel for Labor & Employment, CH2M HILL; and Emanuel (Manny) P.N. Hilario, Chief Operations Officer, Einstein Noah Restaurant Group.
The DPS Foundation Board encompasses a unique mix of business, nonprofit and community leaders and is anchored by current chair and long-standing board member Brooke Brown, Executive Director of the Carson Foundation.
“The new members add to the deep and wide-ranging experience of the DPS Foundation board, not to mention the passion and commitment to students that our board has become well-known for,” says Kristin Colon, President and CEO of the DPS Foundation. “Each member accepted this opportunity because they believe in the fundamental values of DPS and the DPS Foundation. Our board members believe our children are the future of our community – that we are all DPS.”
- Christine Benero, President & Chief Executive Officer, Mile High United Way. Her appointment to the DPS Foundation opens a new chapter in the long-standing collaboration between Mile High United Way and the DPS Foundation, which has included close partnership on initiatives including the Lights On After School, School Partners Program, and Power Lunch. Click here to read her full bio.
- Christine DeRose, Senior Vice President – Financial Advisor, with RBC Wealth Management and a member of the firm’s Senior Consulting Group has been reading grants for the DPS Foundation’s A to Z Teacher and Classroom Grants program since 2008. Click here to read her full bio.
- Mike Ferrufino, Vice President & General Manager, Latino Communications. Ferrufino is the current Chairman of the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Metro Denver. He has also served on several nonprofit boards of directors and has a deep-rooted passion for Denver and the success of our children! Click here to read his full bio.
- Taggart Hansen, Chief Counsel for Labor & Employment, CH2M HILL, has a long history with public education, Colorado and the City of Denver. A product of the Denver Public Schools, he attended from first grade through his graduation from East High School in 1989. Click here to read his full bio.
- Emanuel (Manny) P.N. Hilario, Chief Operations Officer, Einstein Noah Restaurant Group recently became engaged with DPS Foundation after attending the 2013 Achieve Gala that featured student performers, remarks from soon‐to‐be graduates and the opportunity to hear from state, city and school leaders about pressing issues facing DPS. Click here to read his full bio.